[vdr] Re: program vdr via email?

--Am Thursday, January 02, 2003 11:50:00 +0100 schrieb Gerhard Steiner
<steiner@mail.austria.com> :

> I am using epg2timers and it's very usefull, but most of the
> time when I want to program a recording I do have access to
> the web.
> Or is tvtv.de reachable via handy (wap)?
>
> What does this mean in /etc/aliases?
> vdrprog:	|/usr/local/bin/yourscripttoparseandprogram
>
> When is it called and what parameters are used?
> May I use a perl-script here?

You can use any program in any language you prefer.
This line does nothing more or less than feeding the whole mail to
STDIN of your script/program.
For perl there are handy modules to parse emails.

> I know how to use svdrp and I know how to use perl.
> But I don't know how to use procmail or the solution via
> /etc/aliases.
> What would be better?

Depends :-)

> Do I have to install procmail or is it part of my
> distribution?

try to run procmail on cmdline. Normaly every usual distribution ships
procmail.

> Could anyone show me a How-to for procmail?

One of the best resources:
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

--
Dirk Hartmann