[vdr] Re: program vdr via email?

--Am Thursday, January 02, 2003 11:47:47 +0100 schrieb Harald Milz
<hm@seneca.muc.de> :

> Dirk Hartmann <dha@morticah.net> wrote:
>
>> Much more simple. Edit your /etc/aliases:
>> vdrprog:	|/usr/local/bin/yourscripttoparseandprogram
>
> If you run your own mail server. Many people run only some POPable
> adresses at GMX or other mail hosters, and then you have to do
> something else.

I don't see there a problem. An extra freemail account only for
programming and fetchmail.
After that your local MTA does the rest.

> Procmail to detect a subject, like
>
> VDRCOMMAND=`formail -xSubject: | sed 's/vdrprog //'`
> DUMMY=`test -z "$VDRCOMMAND" || /usr/local/bin/svdrpsend.pl -d
> $hostname $VDRCOMMAND`
>
> And don't forget to add your mail server to svdrphosts.conf.

Even in this example you have to run your own MTA and fetching the mail
with a program like fetchmail. Or did I miss something?

--
Dirk Hartmann
dha@morticah.net