[vdr] Re: MP3 Plugin Problems

At 14:53 30.12.02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've observered a strange behavoir in the MP3 Plugin. If the backgroundmode
>= black then there are several drops in the music. It's not serious - let's
>say around 10 per hour, but a little annoying. In order to find the bug I
>tried to use the live mode. It's playing now for 3-4 hours without drops.
Hi Steffen, hi list,
I've observed the same problem. Because I could'nt find an answer I asked
Stefan Hülswitt but he could (would?) not reproduce the problem.
I think it has something to do with the system load. I own only a slow
200Mhz PII so the drops occur very often. I noticed also a very high load
(~45%) if I play mp3.
With the old 1.04 there is no problem with mp3 playback, althought the
system load is in the same range.
i also observed a problem with the speed adjustment. If I tell the driver
to use 44.1kHz the playback speed is ok for some seconds, and then the
mp3-code switch to 48 kHz even if I use a dvb-driver from december. Perhaps
both problems have to do with the system load?
>Any help would be appricated.
... yes indeed ...
Bye Jürgen