[vdr] Re: cannot start vdr-1.1.20 on SuSE 8.1

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 04:39:59PM +0100, Lothar Liebig wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've got a problem starting vdr-1.1.20 on a SuSE 8.1. Compiling was
> problematic but I managed to compile it with the installed gcc/g++ (what
> ever). While it was not possible to compile DVB as it is described by various

Note that you need installed and configured kernel sources to compile
kernel drivers.  On a SuSE system you do this by installing te
kernel-source rpm and run a "make cloneconfig" and a "make dep" in
/usr/src/linux.

> FAQ's, I used the dvb that is part of SuSE (rcdvb start). My Siemens-Fujitsu

The shipped DVB drivers do not work with current vdr developer
releases.

> My guess is a incompatibility with the gcc 3.2 in the file dvbdevice.c

No, this is not a compiler issue, but just the mentioned driver
incompatibility.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --