[vdr] Re: VPS

Andreas Gebel wrote:

> On Dienstag, 7. Januar 2003 13:38, you wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Matejek Bernd wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > does vdr support VPS, so postponed programs are recorded correctly?
> >
> > Since DVB does not support VPS - VDR doesnt support VPS, too.
> > (Same for "Showview")
>
> Since "Showview" has nothing to do with the difference between DVB and
> analogue broadcasting, it would be technically possible to implement
> "Showview" into VDR, but I think there are some license problems.

DVB has defined RS (Running Status) in the stream, I dont know
if any broadcaster actually uses it.
Theoretically the timer could watch the running status of programmed
event and start/stop recording accordingly.
Also there is defined Program Type, so if in the middle of your
favorite program there is a advertisement break, the type should change
to 'Advertisement' and you could automatically stop recording.

Naturally these functions are not implemented by broadcasters, because
it would make removal of crap too easy :(

On the other hand, as they are in the standard the use of them should be
made mandatory.