[vdr] Re: VPS

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:12:13PM +0100, Harald Milz wrote:
> Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm isn't the Epg a lot easier to use than all these Showview-stuff ?
> > Search-Ok-Ok is at least for me easier.
>
> Correct - but you cannot use it for programming more than - say - 1 or 2
> days ahead. People who are used to using Showview would feel better. They
> copy a number from the magazine to the remote and are done.

Yep, that is really fast.  Nevertheless a more dynamic access of the
EPG data would be also a way.  In other words: By a given TITLE
and DAY it should be possible to determine the start and stop time.
This would be a nice way to catch variating starting times of some
series.  @Klaus: This may require some changes in the timer code
and a key word as replacement within the start/stop times.

         Werner