[vdr] Re: Mux A / Channel 5 UK DVB-T broken withVDR,dvbstream works...

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 16:48 09/01/2003, you wrote:
> >Since you wrote in your other posting that you have the same problems
> >with actual recordings, this "buffer reserve" in Transfer Mode won't make
> >any difference.
>
> OK - something else appears to be going on in transfer mode then. What I
> don't get is why recordings show the error with vdr, but recording with
> dvbstream and playing them back in vdr works just fine.
>
> >I assume that there is a problem with this C5 stream, maybe something like the
> >problem we recently had with the German RTL stream.
>
> I believe RTL group now owns C5 - maybe there's something up with that :)
>
> >All of a sudden recordings
> >from that channel could not be replayed any more. It turned out that the
> >firmware
> >dated 2002-04-15 was still able to replay these streams, so maybe you
> >should give
> >that a try.
>
> It's quite mysterious why dvbstream gets it right with 0.9.4 and newstruct
> drivers and vdr doesn't. To what extent does vdr interact with the driver
> and how could it be that dvbstream doesn't face this problem.
>
> I'll try older drivers and will report back if I manage to get them to
> compile. However if that works there should be some research going into why
> vdr would decode a stream fine with an old but not a few firmware, when
> dvbstream does....

VDR doesn't do an awful lot with the data, just re-packing it from TS to PS/PES.
All this happens in remux.c (I know, the name isn't very well chosen; it came from
a time when I actually believed VDR would really have to do re-multiplexing).

Klaus