[vdr] Re: Mux A / Channel 5 UK DVB-T broken with VDR,dvbstream works...

At 16:48 09/01/2003, you wrote:
Since you wrote in your other posting that you have the same problems
with actual recordings, this "buffer reserve" in Transfer Mode won't make
any difference.
OK - something else appears to be going on in transfer mode then. What I don't get is why recordings show the error with vdr, but recording with dvbstream and playing them back in vdr works just fine.

I assume that there is a problem with this C5 stream, maybe something like the
problem we recently had with the German RTL stream.
I believe RTL group now owns C5 - maybe there's something up with that :)

All of a sudden recordings
from that channel could not be replayed any more. It turned out that the firmware
dated 2002-04-15 was still able to replay these streams, so maybe you should give
that a try.
It's quite mysterious why dvbstream gets it right with 0.9.4 and newstruct drivers and vdr doesn't. To what extent does vdr interact with the driver and how could it be that dvbstream doesn't face this problem.

I'll try older drivers and will report back if I manage to get them to compile. However if that works there should be some research going into why vdr would decode a stream fine with an old but not a few firmware, when dvbstream does....