[vdr] Re: ORF?

On Friday 10 January 2003 10:59, you wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Daniel Schneider wrote:
> > At 7:51 Uhr +0100 10.1.2003, Harald Milz wrote:
> > >Hi again,
> > >
> > >this has been asked before but I got no answer yet. The ORF{1,2}
> > > channels not being FTA, is there any way to (legally) receive them?
> > > They are on my analog cable but over time I would rather get rid of the
> > > cable because I can't DVR it :-)
> >
> > I think besides the CAM you need someone living in Austria, who can
> > get the Smartcard for you (but giving the Smartcard away to someone
> > outside Austria is maybe also not completely legal). Anyway, like
> > Premiere ORF will be changing the decryption standard of their
> > channels, so you'll need a different CAM that is used now.
>
> Afaik all "premiere certified" receivers are "update-able" - this is one
> of the points in the "how to become a premiere-certified"-contract.

The CI/CAM are only some transmission pieces, the decryption is on the
smartcard and AFAIK all european encryption systems are compatible with it.
So simpy changing the smardcard is all what is needed.

> So any premiere-receiver will get an Over-the-air software update, and can
> then use the new encryption system (which will be probably Nagravision)

I don't believe an over the air update is possible, if they do so all of the
code could be sniffed I guess and they wouldn't win anything. Further I would
not believe that it is a sort of Nagravision ....

> ORF will change to CryptoWorks 	(this is official)
>
> The "premiere-cam" will also be update-able.
>
> It is currently not legal, to receive Premiere without an
> Premiere-certified receiver.
>
> It is currently not legal, to receive Premiere with any DVB PC-Card!
> (also due to the copyright-problems of Premiere Direkt...)

But mainly because they must guarantee the youth-protection. But I can't
understand the whole thing ... there is nothing over 18 as far as I have seen
..

--
counter.li.org : #296567.