[vdr] Re: ORF?

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Daniel Schneider wrote:

> At 7:51 Uhr +0100 10.1.2003, Harald Milz wrote:
> >Hi again,
> >
> >this has been asked before but I got no answer yet. The ORF{1,2} channels
> >not being FTA, is there any way to (legally) receive them? They are on my
> >analog cable but over time I would rather get rid of the cable because I
> >can't DVR it :-)
>
> I think besides the CAM you need someone living in Austria, who can
> get the Smartcard for you (but giving the Smartcard away to someone
> outside Austria is maybe also not completely legal). Anyway, like
> Premiere ORF will be changing the decryption standard of their
> channels, so you'll need a different CAM that is used now.

Afaik all "premiere certified" receivers are "update-able" - this is one
of the points in the "how to become a premiere-certified"-contract.

So any premiere-receiver will get an Over-the-air software update, and can
then use the new encryption system (which will be probably Nagravision)

ORF will change to CryptoWorks 	(this is official)

The "premiere-cam" will also be update-able.

It is currently not legal, to receive Premiere without an
Premiere-certified receiver.

It is currently not legal, to receive Premiere with any DVB PC-Card!
(also due to the copyright-problems of Premiere Direkt...)

Georg

--
 Georg Hitsch     ++ mail: georg@hitsch.at
 ripe: gh231-ripe ++ web:  http://ge.org/