[vdr] AW: Re: ORF?

> Von: Harald Milz [mailto:hm@seneca.muc.de]
> Gesendet am: Freitag, 10. Januar 2003 13:17
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: ORF?
>
> Georg Hitsch <georg@hitsch.at> wrote:
> > It is currently not legal, to receive Premiere with any DVB PC-Card!
> > (also due to the copyright-problems of Premiere Direkt...)
>
> Just curious (and off-topic to this thread) - is it _legally_
> forbidden due
> to an Austrian law, or is it in their terms & conditions? It
> is as if ORF
> radio would allow me only to use a Grundig radio receiver for
> example.
>
> In any case - thanks for all the hints. It appears the effort
> to receive
> ORF digital here is just too high which is probably what they
> want. Maybe I
> need to find ways of MPEG2 encoding my analog cable. Within
> VDR this would
> be very elegant but as we learned in the thread the other
> day, currently not supported.

why not, Klaus wrote a plugin that supports recording from a special (linux supported) mpeg2-encoder card, his intension was to record from a sky-digital receiver (no pvr capabilities)
theoreticly it could be possible to use a dx3 mpeg decoder card (most cheap solution) together with the encoder card, but imho the sky plugin only makes sense if you already have a vdr system to record DVB-S/C/T