[vdr] Re: vdr segfault (may be dxr3 releated)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:02:10 +0100, Stefan Schluenss
<dxr3_osd@schluenss.de> wrote:

> by which DVB-card ?! We are talking about a system with a DXR3-card ONLY and
> not any dvb cardat all.
> Then it makes really no sense to record something (because there is nothing to
> record).

Why not providing a timer menu which connects to the SVDRP port of a
configurable server?
The same could be done with the schedule, recording and other menus.

So it would be easy to control the timers on the server from simple
clients with/without own DVB card/display frontend. You could even have
a remote transfer mode which could stream a live transmission over the
network.

Then you could have a really distributed vdr system with a central
server having multiple VDR cards and several clients with only a network
connection.

Going a step further you could cluster the servers which automatically
distribute recording events and view request from clients to all
available DVB cards.

Just dreaming... ;-)

Emil