[vdr] Re: Release will be in a few days

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:07:01 +0100, "Reinhard Walter Buchner"
<rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

> >Another alternative, without changing the recording list, would be to
> >show this information in the title line of the recordings menu.
>
> Hmm, but you would only be able to see the length of the marked
> recording. I'll think about. Maybe as a user option ;o))

I came just across another info that may be useful - aspect, resolution,
available audio pids (DD, second language, ..).

The problem here is that for this the stream has to be analyzed and this
takes to much time if you do it for a long list of recordings. I just
modified the perl script I've posted, listing all the recordings with
length and data rate to use streamtype from the mpegtools to show aspect
and format. It works fine, but it takes some time because streamtype has
to scan one stream for the header. So it would be much better to store
this information in a easy retrievable form during recording, when it is
available.

This could be done in a new file like "info.vdr" or probably as first
line in the summary.vdr file. I would prefer the summary.vdr.
The format could be:
resolution aspect norm framerate (apid1, ...) dpid

What do you think about this?

Emil