[vdr] Release will be in a few days

Hi all,

A new modded VDR version will be released in the
next few days. Here's a preview of all work:

- OSD Transparency is now adjustable
- Adding 0.5V to the LNB line (switchable)
- Increased number of screen formats available
  additonally now: Center Cut Out, PanScan, Letterbox

These will ONLY work if the stream supports it
(just like the 4:3 and 16:9 switches) A lot of PW
films support these new modes.
Of course the NEW screen formats also work with
the DVD plugin

- Run through cursor function on up / down keys
also works on multipage menus. Added a setup
parameter to switch this on or off. Hard endstops
are ALWAYS available on left / right keys.

- Nite View Mode
- Volume Damping Factor for above
- Audio Balance control
- Volume Control steepness
   This changes the "sensitivity" of the volume control

- SNR, SS, BER & UNC with colored bars, % and dB (dBm)
- Adjustable red, yellow & green color scaling for above
  setting red = green will show only two colors in the bars
- Signal Info can be turned off, only on OSD, only on Terminal, or both
- SignalInfo can be shown at top or bottom of OSD
- Loop replay mode (basic now, will be modded further)
  Klaus had a great idea to make this even better ;o))

NEW STUFF
**********
- Plugins can be moved into a submenu. This results in a
  cleaner MainMenu apperance

- Added Symbols & Progress & Fonts (most of it shamelessly
  stolen from the AIO Patch ;o))

- All options including font size(!) are of course user selectable
- Modified Position, Width & Color of Progressbar for better readability
- Depending on how far the film has progressed, it will show a multicolor
   bar from ===> (start)White->Green->Yellow->Red(End) The bar
   now moves in the opposite direction (bottom to top)

         short bar: film has just started
         long bar: film almost over

- Color changed for mute
- Changed Red Help Button from Black on Red to White on Red for
   easier readability and symetrical reasons

- Small Fonts extended to ChannelName in small OSD
- Modified Symbolpatch to prevent a SegFault from occuring if
   one tries to switch to a non-exsistant channel
- Added ControlBars for R G B to enable full User control over
   VDR OSD Color Scheme

- Changed Color Scheme for Symbols:
   Teletext is now cyan
   Multilingual is now green (to match Klaus's change language button)
   DD is Yellow (orginal DD color)
   Crypted is red (fits I find)

Now all symbols expect REC are only shown if they are present
(I didn't like the "greyed-out-like-a-signal-lamp" appreance)
(will make this user adjustable, tho :))

- Added ProgressBar in What's On Now. This is dual colored. All
   Movies which haven't reached 50% will use a white colored bar
   Movies which have reached 50% will use a cyan colored bar
   Sorry for the strange color (cyan), but the large OSD only allows
  4 colors, so I didn't have a choice. It's a DVB Hardware limit!!
  Of course if you mark a movie with a cyan bar the cyan bar will
  disappear as long as it's marked (i.e. not shown inversed)

- Added possibility to turn off Day Date Time in Title Menus.
   Doing so automatically centers text in the Title Menu

- Global switching of Small Fonts though out VDR now possible ;o))
   I didn't add this to the movie summary as it makes it too hard
   to read even on a large television set

- Cleaned up my modded setup appearance for a cleaner looking system
   as there where too many setup items in some SubMenus

- Increased number of User defineable Keys to 20.
   This should last for a while ;o))

- re-implanted channel numbers into the channels menu when
   using small fonts globally or as standard VDR (i.e no fonts &
   no progress bar)

As far as possible, all functions first check whether or not the
FE in question supports this. Necessary OSDs are adjusted in
size depending on the results of these tests. I.e. if your FE supports
only SNR & SS the OSD will be smaller than if it supports all
functions from above.

Things which are implemented but NOT working (yet):

- Forcing System Mode (PAL / NTSC)
- Changing hue, contrast, saturation via DVB driver
(seems to be a driver bug)
- Changing hardware output from within VDR (FBAS, RGB, etc)
  Haven't gotten around to making the changes in the DVB
  driver to make this possible via simple ioctl calls

As this mod is based on VDR 1.1.17 it also contains:
 - a switchable tuning routine normal / motor diseqc users
- Dish motor can be switched off
  However these last two mods will NOT find there way into
  the 1.1.20 because of Klaus' multithread tuning routine,
  which makes these mods (now) unnecessary.

Internationalisation has not been done yet (i.e. the new
stuff is shown in english only). I hope that's okay for
now.

Will try to add ASAP:
- One touch recording for audio only

Known Bugs:
- When starting an instant recording, the signal info bars appear
   and stay there. A short press of the menu button will clear
   the screen. This is due to a limitation of the OSD hardware
  and the fact that I must show the signal info faster than Klaus'
  ShowChannelInfo.

- You may notice a (similar) logged message on the console:
   getting colors: 50 150 350 328 327
   seting colors: 50 150 350 328 327

Please ignore this. I am trying to incorperate a method to set
color, hue, brightness, whiteness & contrast via the DVB driver.
However this doesn't work. It MUST be a driver bug, as it also
doesn't work when changing the values directly in the driver
source code.Holger Waechtler wanted to help me out on this
(same goes for the force system mode (PAL / NTSC). Will
icorperate it ASAP if possible at all.

- Tetris 0.2.2 doesn't work when in moved plugin modus.
   Still working on it :o))

I will try to add as much of the AIOs (i.e. Calender, etc) as
possible into the next stable release. However, I cannot say
when it will be completed. As always, I will notify you on
the VDR-ML and on the Activy 300 Forum.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---