[vdr] Re: packet size of recordings

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:52:21 +0100, "Johannes Schoeller"
<schoeller@izeman.net> wrote:

> i want to optimize the transfer rate of my nfs based client (=vdr) server
> solution.
> so my question is: what's the size of the packets transferred by VDR.

I should be enough to set rsize and wsize to a larger value at mount.
But beware, for NFS on top of UDP larger rsize, wsize means that there
is more ip fragmentation and when a fragment is lost the complete nfs
block has to be retransmitted. As the poll() used by the playback thread
doesn't work for NFS files, you may see this retransmits at the screen.

Emil