[vdr] Re: Stream conversion from DVB-T buggy on VDR (all versions?)

At 22:00 09/01/2003, you wrote:
> With DVB-T Nova the picture is perfect in non-moving parts and blocky on
> moving parts. Also moving objects leave blocky trail behind. All blocks are
> removed on next I-frame. Slight movement is NOT blocky, which might indicate
> a buffering problem.
>
> The stream which I inserted to a /video directory and played with VDR 1.1.20
> is displayed perfectly with audio in sync. Recording was made with Windows
> using DVB-T Nova.
>
> When I create a sheduled recording and change to a different PID, on same
> frequency, when VDR starts recording the stream is recorded perfectly. I
> even can switch to that channel and image remains perfect while recording
> and timeshifting it back and forward. If I record the current channel
> with/out timer the result is, that I have problems on stream mentioned
> above.
Most of this sounds exactly like my experience with the Mux A / Channel 5 here in the UK. Especially concerning fast and slow movement! Does this happen on all transmitters, are they QAM16 or QAM64?

What I can't second is what you say about recording a channel that is "b0rked" in live viewing. Are you sure it's the same transmitter where it works in recoding but not in live viewing?

I'm sure we'll get this fixed somehow, sooner or later. In the meantime try dvbstream to a fifo file ( mkfifo ) then play that fifo in mplay -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes and see whether that works fine. If it does then it doesn't looke like an IRQ prob....