[vdr] Re: Stream conversion from DVB-T buggy on VDR (all versions?)

Marko Myllymäki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Klaus and all supporting forces behind him for a great software,
> which needs minor adjustmens to being a perfect one.
>
> I have had problems with versions 1.0.9 + DVB-newstruct and latest 1.1.20 +
> DVB 12.08.
>
> The problem i believe is, that when DVB-T NOVA (budget) is used as a input
> (can be others aswell) and output is set to DVB-S with or without recording
> the stream is converted in some way incorrectly.
>
> With DVB-T Nova the picture is perfect in non-moving parts and blocky on
> moving parts. Also moving objects leave blocky trail behind. All blocks are
> removed on next I-frame. Slight movement is NOT blocky, which might indicate
> a buffering problem.
>
> The stream which I inserted to a /video directory and played with VDR 1.1.20
> is displayed perfectly with audio in sync. Recording was made with Windows
> using DVB-T Nova.
>
> When I create a sheduled recording and change to a different PID, on same
> frequency, when VDR starts recording the stream is recorded perfectly. I
> even can switch to that channel and image remains perfect while recording
> and timeshifting it back and forward. If I record the current channel
> with/out timer the result is, that I have problems on stream mentioned
> above.
>
> I believe, that locating is simple with minor code modifications.
> 1. Record stream directly without modifications to it.
> 2. Convert and output the stream to DVB-S (ringbuffer used for this?)
> 3. See weather the stream is perfect on recordings, even the screen output
> is buggy.
> This would indicate problem directly with stream conversion.
>
> I may be wrong about stream conversion, if there is none I still believe,
> that whatever is responsible of reading->writing the stream to other sources
> is some how buggy (ringbuffer?).

Well, I don't have any such problems here with my 3 DVB-S card system.
So I guess it has to do with the DVB-T card. However, since I don't have
DVB-T I'm afraid I can't help hunting this one down.

Just to be sure: you don't have any interrupt problems on your system, do you?

Klaus