[vdr] Re: Mux A / Channel 5 UKDVB-TbrokenwithVDR,dvbstream works...

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 20:01 09/01/2003, you wrote:
> > > I'm kind of thinking the TS -> PES could be different than to dvbstream.
> > > Would there be an easy way to feed vdr with data from dvbstream and leaving
> > > the TS -> PES to dvbstream and the other way around, having dvbstream
> > > supply the TS only and letting vdr to TS -> PES?
> > >
> > > I've seen testcode in the remux.c to just pass through TS, but how about
> > > feeding data from a file / fifo?
> >
> >If the data is already PS/PES you could simply rename it to 001.vdr. That way
> >you wouldn't have an index file, but that's probably not necessary for
> >this test.
>
> OK it passed that test (it was even a recording of a simulated earthquake -
> talk about fast movement). But all we know reading the dvbstream PES file
> off the disk and feeding to the decoder works.
>
> What's the best (read: easiest heh) way to feed vdr some TS data from
> dvbstream (with known PIDs) and have it do the TS -> PES ?

You could replace the code in cDvbDevice::GetTSPacket() so that it reads
one TS packet from your file at eavery call and copies it to the
Data pointer. The start a recording from a channel that has the PIDs
your data file uses.

Klaus