[vdr] Re: Stream conversion from DVB-T buggy on VDR (all versions?)

> > With DVB-T Nova the picture is perfect in non-moving parts and blocky on
> > moving parts. Also moving objects leave blocky trail behind. All blocks
are
> > removed on next I-frame. Slight movement is NOT blocky, which might
indicate
> > a buffering problem.

> > The stream which I inserted to a /video directory and played with VDR
1.1.20
> > is displayed perfectly with audio in sync. Recording was made with
Windows
> > using DVB-T Nova.

> > I believe, that locating is simple with minor code modifications.
> > 1. Record stream directly without modifications to it.
> > 2. Convert and output the stream to DVB-S (ringbuffer used for this?)
> > 3. See weather the stream is perfect on recordings, even the screen
output
> > is buggy.
> > This would indicate problem directly with stream conversion.
> >

> Well, I don't have any such problems here with my 3 DVB-S card system.
> So I guess it has to do with the DVB-T card. However, since I don't have
> DVB-T I'm afraid I can't help hunting this one down.
>
> Just to be sure: you don't have any interrupt problems on your system, do
you?

> Klaus

No IRQ Problems. All cards are on separate interrupts and using Intel
chipset.

I would like to point out the thread: [vdr] Re: Mux A / Channel 5 UK
DVB-TbrokenwithVDR,dvbstream works...
, which sound similar to my problem.

I have tested this aswell on dxr3, where input came from Nova DVB-T. The
DXR3 card show all moving parts OK, but there is this stuttering involved,
where frames are dropped. My CPU idle is about 65 % all the time, so I think
that is not the problem. But i rather would like to use DVB-S card to output
my video anyway and dxr3 does not go along with my topic ;-).

I also did try the fifo method succested by Gregor an can confirm, that the
drivers are working ok.

Does DVB (TR) streams have same characteristics when talkin packet size?
Could it be possible, that packets are 2324 or unconstrained and not 2048?
You do create PS are you not?

Br.
Marko