[vdr] Re: Improved CAM support in VDR

Hi Klaus,

Okay, it still doesn't decrypt, but we are getting a LOT
nearer.

All tests:
*******
new driver
new firm
newest ci.c (41.5kByte)
ci rev 1.4
dvb rev 1.6
I ommited the old firms this time

First test: Alphacrypt 1.10

It still doesn't detect the CAM and the debug info
is the same as already postet, plus additionally
CAM doesn't respond to initial T_CREATE_TC
Of course it doesn't decrypt and I can't access the
menu. I tried increasing the cycle number to 150,
but it didn't help at all.

Same goes for the old Alphacrypt 1.0

Second Test: MM with Globecrypt

The bad first: it doesn't decrypt

The good: VDR recognizes the CAM correctly.

The better: I can access ALL the CAM menu (yeepi!)

The second best: I can also change & store the values
in the CAM

The raddest: I can even get into the loader routine!

WOW, the last three things are not even possible with
most Windoze programs Only certain revisions of
WatchTVPro or the original Technotrend soft allow
this. So this alone is already a major achivement ;o))

Klaus, you are absolutly the best. Now we only need to
get the CAM to start decrypting ;o))

As I put my MM into loader routine I needed to start my
Windoze again ;o)) I will now test a different module
software and if it doesn't work, I will post the debug output
for two channels.

Thanks & Greetz,
Reinhard

---