[vdr] Re: Improved CAM support in VDR

Hi Klaus,

YIIIPPEEE, It works!!!! with the MM.

I changed to Pentacrypt 1.09 and low and behold it
works just GREAT. T*H*A*N*K**Y*O*U* !! Of course,
everything that worked before (see my last mail)
also still works. I reach you a virtual beer (others
just won't fit through my phone lines ;o))

When the first CAM connection is established it takes
about 4-5 seconds before it start decrypting. After
the first connection channel zapping and decrypt time
is much much less than my Nokia 9902. As a matter of
fact it is almost (really less than 0.5 seconds)
unnoticable. Also much quicker than with the non
experimental firmware. The old delay and screen goes
black behavior is gone. Its just as quick as zapping to
a FTA channel.

Back to Globecrypt: Would it help yor studies if I
reinstalled this and send you the debug messages?

BTW: I am still having massiv problems with RTLers.
I can record, but there is block noise in a lot of
the pictures. Doing an instant replay makes VDR react
VERY sluggish and neat things like FF or FR are not
possible. So the problem is still there. As I wrote
to you in an Email during XMAS, your CI implementation
is also triggered by RTL (just testing RTL II now)
The debug that appears in /log/messages is

ERROR: CI MMI: unknown tag 9F8800
The VDR window regularly spits out:
--> 00 01 A0 01 01

The same goes for a replay. I CAN replay it, but VDR also
becoems very sluggish and FF, etc is usually not possible.

Hmm, I just did some more testing while writing this mail,
and found out that other (non RTL) channels exhibt the
same behavior during a record & replay or just a replay
alone (with two exceptions: they don't have block noise in
the picture and the unknown tag no longer appears in the
messages log).

Could this be your CAM implentation? (I tried ARD, SAT1,
RTL, PRO7, RTL-II).Yes, I did set both debug lines to false
;o)) Might it be a good idea to turn the CAM implementaion
into a seperatly running thread? Just as you did with the
tuning routine?

Mind you I am NOT complaining ;o)) I think the CAM support
just about "erases" the above problems ;o)) I hope for the others
that you can get the rest of the CAMS up & running. I will test
the stability of the system during the next few days and let you
know if any other quirks turn up.

And one last thing: I have been meaning to write this, but kept
on forgetting: Every since VDR 1.1.16, (my mods or vanilla
makes no difference) I have had a small problem in the channels
menu:

If I scroll through the pages, sometimes the last two or three
entries are not shown. If I continue scrolling (left right) OR move
the cursor bar (up down) to where they are (the entries seem to
be there, but they are in clrTransparent ;o)), they appear. I just
noticed this behaviour in 1.1.21, which is why I am now certain
that it is not due to one of my mods ;o)) I also don't have any plugins
installed. If I setup the OSD to scroll pages = yes it gets a lot worse
(i.e. occurs very often). Setting this to no helps quite a bit, but (very)
rarely it still randomly happens. Not a big problem for me, I just
thought I would mention it ;o)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---