[vdr] Re: Watching and recording

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:16:36AM +0200, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> >With vdr 1.1.20, a Nova-T and a dxr3, I am able to reliably record two
> >channels simultaneously and watch a third - all on the same transponder of
> >course..
>
> Interesting. But that would probably not work with a full DVB-c card? I
> tried it, and it sort of worked, but with bad MPEG mosaic in both the
> watched and recorded shows (on same bouquet, of course).

From what I'd overheard (unsurprisingly, I don't pay much attention to
the whole firmware / fullfeatured card problems..) I thought the driver
could pick up to 8 PIDs from the raw TS to be sent on to end
applications...

I'd have expected it to work either perfectly or not at all... If you're
getting /something/ through, then perhaps this is yet another firmware
issue? :/

I'm wonderin.. do Windows users with MultiDec have these sorts of
problems?

Cheers,
Gavin.