[vdr] Re: Watching and recording

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Gavin Hamill wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:16:36AM +0200, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Gavin Hamill wrote:
>
>> >With vdr 1.1.20, a Nova-T and a dxr3, I am able to reliably record two
>> >channels simultaneously and watch a third - all on the same transponder of
>> >course..
>>
>> Interesting. But that would probably not work with a full DVB-c card? I
>> tried it, and it sort of worked, but with bad MPEG mosaic in both the
>> watched and recorded shows (on same bouquet, of course).
>
>>From what I'd overheard (unsurprisingly, I don't pay much attention to
>the whole firmware / fullfeatured card problems..) I thought the driver
>could pick up to 8 PIDs from the raw TS to be sent on to end
>applications...
>
>I'd have expected it to work either perfectly or not at all... If you're
>getting /something/ through, then perhaps this is yet another firmware
>issue? :/

Perhaps. It works quite well, but regularly, say, every 5-10s parts of the
image of the watched channel breaks down into mosaic. Not full garbage,
just partially. The same happens for the show that got recorded. After a
while we got an "ARM crash", so we haven't tried it since. Just recording
and not watching anything else works excellently.

--

                  - "What're quantum mechanics?"
        - "I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose."