[vdr] AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

> Von: Gavin Hamill [mailto:gdh@acentral.co.uk]
> Gesendet am: Sonntag, 12. Januar 2003 21:41
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: cDevice plugin API
>
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:31:37PM +0100, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > As the DXR3-plugin uses dvd-subpicture, this would be a
> nice solution.
>
> My thoughts exactly :) And even if the 'spudec' in the
> VideoLAN client
> doesn't support the more advanced 'colour areas' used by the
> more recent
> Dxr3 plugins to get a full-colour display, then we still have
> a usable
> (if not pretty..) solution.
>
> > But running with Mplayer isn't complicated. You only have
> to activate
> > subtiteling ...
>
> My personal focus would really be Windows - so that a Linux machine
> would act as a standalone STB with VDR / OSD / IR remote control

maybe, but MY mother insīt realy capable of using windows without screwing things up

a lot of other people mean a realy small computer with a remote and osd would be the best to use as a vdr-client - that would solve a lot of problems (you could have your vdr-server somwhere else and a quit client in your living room and you could have more then one client)

and thats what (hopefuly) will be addressed with the next developer stage of vdr (1.3.x)

so maybe itīs wise to talk about what a client-server should do and how that can be achieved
and after that technical solution can be found