[vdr] Re: Subtitles not visible

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Finnish terrestial uses subtitels, but they are not visible.

True.

> Any particular point to tweak ??

Yes. You need to program the decoding and displaying of subtitles by
yourself. Finnish terrestial channels use these "bitmap" style subtitles
(DVB subtitles).

HTV DVB-C paytv channels use "teletext subtitles", that are a bit easier
to decode. There is a support modification for teletext subtitles in
1.0.4, but no 1.1.x plugin. I was looking in to decoding teletext
subtitles on VDR 1.1.x, but my current work involves lot's of programming,
so I don't have too much energy for open source projects. ;-(