[vdr] Re: Two cards two TVs?

Hi,

> Hello,
> is it possible (or if not  - a good idea for a new feature) to use
> two dvbs-cards (or more) to watch tv in different rooms with the
> possibility to control all cards? This would require a possibility
> to control the cards with one new or more "old" osds, or not?
I was thinking of the same system but together with two DXR3-cards
(MPEG2-Decoder cards).

@Klaus: Would it be possible to launch two vdr-instances each with it's own
DXR3-output-card and a plugin which manages all dvb-resources (cards) on this
computer (or network wide). One (client)-part of the plugin will be loaded
by each vdr instance and a common (server) part will manage the resources.

With such a system one could build a central video-server for more than one
room while the dvb-cards will be shared by all users.

Just dreaming...
Stefan.