[vdr] Re: AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:31:58 +0100
Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@citd.de> wrote:

> We are unix. ;-)
This is not really true. Afaik we are linux and some are trying bsd. :)

> What you want is a "distribution". A preconfigured package with all
> plugins/add-ons combined.

Not neccessarily. At least i can think of two scripts which are able to download
the needed packages, decompress, patch and compile dependend to the
given switches.
One is maintained by bashy for SuSE and the other is a little bit outdated
for Peanut-Linux.

> This doesn't necessarily mean that everything has to be integrated into
> VDR.
This is true. I think that it is, i don't know the english word, "kontraproduktiv"
to put everything possible in to VDR.

> (Just like a Linux distribution is a precompiled/preconfigured bunch of
> many different "plugins" and "add-ons" to the Linux-kernel ;-)  )
Not neccessarily, like i said.