[vdr] AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

No, please no OS war here...:-) Use what you want and what you think, it
might the best solution for your needs. My parents surely do not use linux.
I dont want to change their minds..:-)

I think, the idea behind this is right. VDR is at time much too complicated
to configure easyly a full htpc. I dont want to flame but this is my
opinion. Although i'm not a coder in anyway i can imagine how much work is
done by them. But the way for vdr should be too integrate as many things
into the main application instead of cary them out to plugins. And in the
same way, it should integrate win-clients and linux clients and what you
might think of. Why not watch tv on a pocket pc over wlan in the bathroom
(or toilet..;-)?
For now, the way it goes is ok, but i think, it would be good to add "basic"
functions like mp3, (s)vcd, dvd, divx and streaming into the plain vdr and
add a easy way to integrate windows-clients. Why not add those plugins into
the plain vdr and us a make switch to choose, if someone wants them? This
should make many things easyer.

> The standard VDR interface with OSD is easy to use from age 5-99 :-) .

Ask my wife....;-) She will negotiate that. (True. She's not the toughest in
such things but has other qualities... h&d)

> Just install a "light" VDR-box and it runs perfectly as client.

But no other things. Ask my son if he will have a "light" vdr - box or a
counterstrike capable windows pc. Windows exists, realize that...:-) And i
dont want 10 PCs at home. 5 are enough..:-(

> The idea is good, I have postet something similar several times here.
> BUT, the idea to use crappy windows is very bad. ;-)

...;-)))

On my work, i _must_ use windows. I want to use http-port to stream my vdr
to work to watch tv there without the hassle of discussing with our
sysadmins...:-)(joke, in reality i love our sysadmins...)

Stephan