[vdr] Re: AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

> I think, the idea behind this is right. VDR is at time much too complicated
> to configure easyly a full htpc. I dont want to flame but this is my
> opinion. Although i'm not a coder in anyway i can imagine how much work is
> done by them. But the way for vdr should be too integrate as many things
> into the main application instead of cary them out to plugins. And in the
> same way, it should integrate win-clients and linux clients and what you
> might think of. Why not watch tv on a pocket pc over wlan in the bathroom
> (or toilet..;-)?
> For now, the way it goes is ok, but i think, it would be good to add "basic"
> functions like mp3, (s)vcd, dvd, divx and streaming into the plain vdr and
> add a easy way to integrate windows-clients. Why not add those plugins into
> the plain vdr and us a make switch to choose, if someone wants them? This
> should make many things easyer.

We are unix. ;-)

What you want is a "distribution". A preconfigured package with all
plugins/add-ons combined.

This doesn't necessarily mean that everything has to be integrated into
VDR.

(Just like a Linux distribution is a precompiled/preconfigured bunch of
many different "plugins" and "add-ons" to the Linux-kernel ;-)  )

Bis denn