[vdr] Re: uk mux 2 & A qam 64 problems

Of
> Gregor Lawatscheck
> Sent: 14 January 2003 18:35
> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Subject: [vdr] Re: uk mux 2 & A qam 64 problems
>
> Hi Glenn,
> which version of vdr are you using? You need at least 1.1.13 to use a
> channels.conf with custom qam and FEC settings (see the example
> channel.conf.terr that comes with it). 1.1.13 is the one I usually use
> with
> the- 0.9.4 drivers and works fine. The latest 1.1.21 works with
newstruct
> drivers from CVS.

I using vdr v1.1.20 and currently running linux-dvb.2003-01-08-ci-ll,
although I must have tried over twenty different versions up to this
point!  When you say NEWSTRUCT don't you mean HEAD?  Holger Waechtler
also suggested using the Metxler Bros version which is essentially the
same as HEAD with extra merged patches that have not yet been applied to
/DVB.  Confusing or wot?

> >I would do some more testing using dvbtune but I'm experiencing the
> >problems where dvbtune (compiled against recent drivers) seems to
scan
> >random muxs instead of mux at the specified frequency (dvbtune -f).
> >Sometime it will produce data and sometimes it says there is none.
When
> >it does spit something out the stream elements are missing so the xml
is
> >useless.
>
> If the QAM settings are wrong you won't get xml output even though it
> tunes
> to the frequency. If you wanted to use 0.9.4 drivers and dvbtune-0.3
or
> 0.42pre then you change the QAM setting in it the source directly.
Newer
> versions of dvbtune (from CVS) will allow for custom qam / fec
setting,
> but
> require a newstruct driver.

I'm up and running and 'quite' stable with vdr v1.1.20 and any of the
recent HEAD versions but I can't compile a working version of dvbtune.
The only version that I can actually get to compile is in the CVS.  But
when I run it is doesn't work (see previous post)

Cheers

Glenn