[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

Don't know XEmacs and i really don't want to too...:-) 5 or 6 years ago i
started vi once and didn't get rid of it. I didn't  launch it again. After
that, emacs was on the blacklist to. Whats emacs the abbreviaton for? Eight
Megabytes Always Continuosly Swapping?..;-)

But I think, you have figured out, what i expect or really meant (the more i
think about it). I'm not sure anymore if the monolithic way would really be
the best, but from your suggestion everybody would benefit.
A frozen release with a bunch of possible enhancements (plugins), which is
stable, where every plugin works quite well togehter with vdr and were you
dont have to fiddle with compiler switches for mplayer (or others) and so
on.
This should prevent the main coders from beeing overloaded, the users should
have a identicall system in a wide range (so nobody has to ask where he
should place xyz.conf). Easy to maintain, easyer to understand. The pro's
arent restriced and support would be much easier to give for many people so
the coders can still code and don't have to discuss with lamers like me..:-)

Gruss

Stephan