[vdr] Re: Fwd: console plugin

Thomas Erdmann wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
> i have the same versions and the same problem ;-)
> When starting after login from bash all works fine.
> But how to make an automatic started vdr (etc/inittab) which
> also has a console (/dev/tty6 or so).
> Here the option -t /dev/tty6 should do this, but only
> output is sent to tty6 and no keys are accepted by vdr
> or its plugins. What's our mistake ?

The problem is in VDR's way of trying to tell whether there is a keyboard
input available. I haven't had time yet to fix this.
You could take a look at the code in vdr.c where it compares the process ids
and determines whether it runs in foreground or background mode. If you disable
this (and always assume foreground) it should work.

Klaus