[vdr] Re: VDR-binarys (was Re: cDevice plugin API)

On Thursday 16 January 2003 16:07, you wrote:
> * Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de> [030116 14:22]:
> > A few general questions in relation to providing RPMs (not a question
> > particular to stefan):
> >
> > - shouldn't the plugins packaged seperatly
>
> I thought about this a while before I built the packages. But this
> would produce a big number of packages that are spread seperately
> and have to be maintained seperately. I plan to build some mechanism
> to choose which of the plugins will be started in runvdr/an init script.

I just thought about the dependencies. I guess there are a load of them.

> The plugins themselfes are really small, so space does not really
> matter.
> Otoh, when I update the vdr package to a newer version, I can just
> rebuild the vdr-plugins package and get a number of 17 plugins built for
> that specific version. No need to rebuild 17 packages every time I build
> a new plugin.

 A new version I guess.... hmmm

> > - Anyone have done a step in integration to a normal structure ?
> > 	Example:	-c in /etc/vdr  and /etc/vdr/plugins
> > 			plugins in /usr/lib/vdr/
> > 			vdr in /usr/bin
>
> the config files and recordings are in /var/spool/video with my vdr
> packages, the plugins are in /usr/lib/vdr and of course vdr in /usr/bin

The configs should go to /etc/vdr/channels.conf and so on
 the plugins.config-files then be searched in /etc/var/plugins

> > 			a runlevelscript instead of runvdr
>
> This one is still missing

This one should read the plugins to load from /etc/sysconfig/vdr

Anyway thats just my idea of a clean installation. I don't like  packages like
hylafax that are completly nested in /var/spool/foo

Steffen

--
counter.li.org : #296567.