[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

I've written a patch against vdr 1.1.20 that ports the AC3overDVB stuff
from the AIO 10.09 patch against vdr 1.0.4. It should also work with
the newest version of vdr (1.1.21) and perhaps with older versions - so
try it.

This patch provides a filter for the cDvbDevice class that encapsulates
the incoming AC3 respectively DTS stream to the needed IEC 60958
packets.

You can download the patch from:

   ricomp.de/vdr/vdr-1.1.20_AC3overDVB.diff

Please note: This patch has the same drawbacks like the original
implementation in the old AIO patch (compatibility/latency).
So it can be that it doesn't work with some of your equipment :-(
I hope that the upcoming plugin from Werner is better!?

To use AC3 and DTS sound with the DVD plugin you need also an patch
against that plugin wich you can download here:

   ricomp.de/vdr/dvd-0.2.0_AC3overDVB.diff

To activate the functionality you have to enable
"Multichannel Audio (DD/DTS)" in the Settings/Replay Menu.

Have fun! ... And I hope, it works.
Jan