[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:20:10PM +0100, Jan Rieger wrote:

> Please note: This patch has the same drawbacks like the original
> implementation in the old AIO patch (compatibility/latency).
> So it can be that it doesn't work with some of your equipment :-(
> I hope that the upcoming plugin from Werner is better!?
>
> To use AC3 and DTS sound with the DVD plugin you need also an patch
> against that plugin wich you can download here:
>
>    ricomp.de/vdr/dvd-0.2.0_AC3overDVB.diff
>

> To activate the functionality you have to enable
> "Multichannel Audio (DD/DTS)" in the Settings/Replay Menu.

Hello again ;-)

I have just patched (with two small changes...), compiled and installed
vdr-1.1.20 and if I set the "Multichannel Audio (DD/DTS)" I don't hear
anything except a small gaps, and nothing more after it :-(

Does it mean my 5.1 isn't compatible with the DVB-s or is it just a
software problem?

Thank you very much,

	Grégoire