[vdr] Re: Feature request: output path for cutting

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:46:56 +0100, Helmut Auer <vdr@helmutauer.de>
wrote:

> Also in this case the leading '%' sign is no longer necessary.

It is necessary because you would still want the link to the primary
video directory. Otherwise there would be a name collision.

> Anyone else here who'ld like that idea ?

The idea about specifying a target directory is fine. But more important
for me is that all the files of a cutted recording (???.vdr, index.vdr,
marks.vdr, summary.vdr) are stored together at the destination and only
links from the primary video directory are used.

Currently I use a Perl script which does exactly this. I either specify
a target directory or none. In the first case all vdr files of a
recording are migrated to the target. In the second case it looks for a
directory with enough space and migrates all files to this destination.

Emil