[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

The patch has to encapsulate the AC3 and DTS frames into
PCM frames. Only with this trick the DVB card can output
multichannel audio.
Conclusion: DD and DTS can only work if the stream goes
through VDR -> DD and DTS can't work in live mode! Only
in tranfer mode or by replaying a recording or DVD it works.

I've configured two entries for Pro 7 in my channels.conf.
The first is the same like the one from Klaus' default file.
The second is a copy of the first with a setted CAM value of
2 and a differnt frequency (becaus of the unique channel
number). So I can select "Pro 7 DD" and vdr starts transfer
mode from my second card and I can hear DD sound :-)
I haven't testet RecordAndReplayOnPrimaryInterface becaus
I'm using an older firmware.

> When i stop recording it still uses Digital Mode.

I can't explain this effect. Perhaps the transfer mode is
still on after the recording? I have no idea.

Jan