[vdr] Re: Suse 7.3 und Maxtor 200 GB

Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>  wrote:

> If you do not want to upgrade the whole system, install a vanilla
> kernel from kernel.org plus XFS patch from http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs

I tried that since a week. I got a 2.4.20 kernel, corespoding XFS patch
an modutils, now managed to configure and compile the kernel but the xfs
patch failed (I tried it before compiling) and during bootup it does not
find many modules though I have compiled and installed them, too.

I think there are still many important details left I do not know.

Perhaps updating the whole system is easier but I do not have a newer
Suse version, yet. But I would be happy, if I could use my new disk
space, soon.

TMJ