[vdr] Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

On Monday 20 January 2003 16:38, you wrote:
>  A DVD drive that runs at 1x speed is enough.. easy under windows
>  with a tool like CDbremse but I still have to find a Linux solution.

man hdparm :

-E	      Set  cdrom  speed.  This is NOT necessary for regular operation,
              as the drive will automatically switch speeds on its  own.   But
              if  you  want  to play with it, just supply a speed number after
              the option, usually a number like 2 or 4.

--
Regards
Steffen