[vdr] Re: VDR feature request

> Steffen Koch wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> The only thing that I do not know is: In a manually-configured
> linked setup such as mine, which recordings whill vdr erase when
> it runs out of space?
> For example, in my configuration, /video/Kids is linked to
> /video3/Kids. When vdr runs out of space when recording
> /video/Kids/Die_Sendung_mit_der_Maus, will vdr know that
> it only makes sense to delete old recordings on /video3?

VDR starts with everything, that is marked for deletion.
Then it continues with the oldest recording that has exceeded its lifetime.
Now it gets awfull with your solution:
It'll continue to do so until there is enough space to fit the ongoing
recording to disk. _BUT_ vdr checks the /video fs and wants to record to
e.g. the /video/Kids fs.
Therefore VDR will run out of disk spcae on /video/Kids while believing that
/video has sufficient space to record.
Also there's the other way around: Let's say /video is full and nothing to
be delete. VDR will refuse to record because of insufficient disk space
although /video/Kids might have several GB of free space.

CU,
Christian.