[vdr] Re: Problem to play DVD's made by VDR2DVD

Hi Manuel,

--Am Wednesday, January 22, 2003 21:17:22 +0100 schrieb Manuel Melic
<mmelic@fmp-datech.de> :

> Some time ago, I also posted this problem. But after some debugging
> of the dvd-plugin I found out a simple work-around: Search the phrase
> 'audioTrack != cPStream::packetType(sector)' - there you will see
> that this method call returns 0. I uncommented it and recompiled the
> plugins. Afterwards, it worked flawlessly... But I give no warranty
> that other things aren't broken...

Couldn't you have posted a few minutes earlier? Would have conserved me
from compiling the plugin and looking for the reason.  :-)
I think comercial DVDs provide ac3-streams so this problem doesn't
occur. Sadly mplex doesn't work with ac3-streams otherwise I would have
provided a switch to generate DVDs with it a long time ago...

> PS: I also modified the vdr2dvd script to work with dvd+r writers...
> if anyone is interested in, please mail me...

Could you mail it to me? Could go through normal configure of the
script.
Beside that it would spare me to research it myself for an article I'm
working on in near Future.

Thanks
Dirk

--