[vdr] Feature Request: Let VDR play mpg MPG-PS Files

Hi all,

atm I use VDR to play my VCD's without the Plugin. I extract the mpg File
(no matter if mpeg1 or mpeg2), put it in the right directory structure and
generate an index file with 'genindex'. In the latest Versions this works
nice without sync problems. The only thing is, you couldn't see what
happening when you do FORWARD or REWARD.
Imho it would be a nive addition if VDR could play those files directly
without generating an indexfile first. What I mean is NOT switching the
VDR Recordings from PES to PS ... this shouldn't be touched.

But If VDR detects a PS File (either by Filename, or by looking in the
header), It should be able to play this File.

This would lead me to another idea. If there are .ac3 files which are
named like mpg files (001.mpg/001.ac3) this file should be read as well
and transported to the ac3overdvb routines.

What do you think about that ???

Greetings
Stefan