[vdr] Re: Newby Question Using a second harddisk for recordings

Hello,

Now the question: (a really Linux newby question i know)

How do i tell my system to use the /bigdisk as /video1?
Do i have to do something like "ln s /bigdisk /video1" ?

and rename (eg mv) my old video directory to /video0 "mv /video /video0 -R"

In runvdr i will then add the command -v /video0, right?
yupp, that should work. Instead of "ln -s /bigdisk /video1" (!) you can edit /etc/fstab and change /bigdisk to /video1.

"mv /video /video0" should do it -- if you already have multiple scripts/machines/... accessing /video you can also do a "ln -s /video /video0".

The (run)vdr parameter -v is absolutely correct.

Regards,
Dirk