[vdr] VCD plugin: feature request

Hi,

the current version of the VCD plugin works fine for me, but I would
like to have another feature:
Many users have got more than one CD device in their PC, mostly a
CD/DVD-ROM device and a CD writer. I think it would be fine if the
plugin would not only load the CD in /dev/cdrom, but also e.g. in
/dev/cdrecorder. This is a very  comfortable solution if you have movies
on more than 1 (S)VCD (which is quite common).
To bring this feature to perfection, I am dreaming of something like
that: If the first CD in /dev/cdrom is almost at the end, the second one
in /dev/cdrecorder is automatically be loaded and the movie is continued
without any action by the user.
Do you think this will be useful and possible and in the long run?

Matthias