[vdr] Re: remote too sensible

Steffen wrote:

> I use lirc and a homebrew serial receiver but I have the same problem when
> using the IR-Port of my primary DVB-S-card: the remote is to sensible. When
> I press a button it happens every fourth or fifth time that VDR recognizes
> TWO button presses and skips a channel when zapping or selects something I
> don't want to select. Is there a known way to make the remote lazier? I
> would be very happy even if I have to insert a sleep() somewhere.

Hi,
I've had the same problem with my Medion Remote from Aldi using LIRC
(I'm still wondering if perhaps my serial receiver is broken...), but
it worked after playing around with the suggestions I found on the
linux-dvb mailinglist:

Increasing REPEATDELAY in line 18 (in VDR 1.1.21) of lirc.c didn't
work for me (try that first), but when I changed

   if (Now - FirstTime < REPEATDELAY)

at line 69 of lirc.c to

   if ((Now - FirstTime < REPEATDELAY) || (count == 1))

it did the trick for me. Works fine now.

Tobias Krötz