[vdr] Re: AW: Re: realtime playback of recordings on different machines

Hi,

yes, that works. I had that kind of setup before a lightning bold grilled my DVB-s-cards (and the rest of my video/telefone/network-equipment) last year.

I had frame-drops while using a 10 MBit-network, 100 MBit solved that. But that was only while doing timeshift on the different maschines.

Bye, Benjamin

Markus Twardy wrote:
Hi Juri,

I plan to have one quiet, fanless and preferably diskless machine A (EPIA-ME6000 in a Cubid case) in the living room. The case can hold one full featured DVB-S card, so timeshifting is not
possible. Plans
are to have a second machine B equipped with two low budget
cards, to
do recording. Is it possible to watch machine B's recordings on machine A in real-time? Over a NFS share? You would just
schedule the
program, you want to view timeshifted on machine A, for
recording on
machine B. This
This should work. Actually, my VDR box records to a mounted NFS share. If I do a recording I can watch this without problems on my laptop using xine while the recording still is in progress. This should also work with a second VDR.

Hmm, that sounds promising! I think I will try something like this:
machine A and machine B both record to /video (which is an NFS share of
the directory /video on machine B). This way VDR on machine A will have
the same directory structure as VDR on machine B and the recording in
progress of machine B should be available for playback via OSD on
machine A.

Thanks and regards,
Markus