[vdr] AW: Re: realtime playback of recordings on different machines

Hi Juri,

> > I plan to have one quiet, fanless and preferably diskless machine A
> > (EPIA-ME6000 in a Cubid case) in the living room. The case can hold
> > one full featured DVB-S card, so timeshifting is not
> possible. Plans
> > are to have a second machine B equipped with two low budget
> cards, to
> > do recording. Is it possible to watch machine B's recordings on
> > machine A in real-time? Over a NFS share? You would just
> schedule the
> > program, you want to view timeshifted on machine A, for
> recording on
> > machine B. This
>
> This should work. Actually, my VDR box records to a mounted
> NFS share. If I do a recording I can watch this without
> problems on my laptop using xine while the recording still is
> in progress. This should also work with a second VDR.

Hmm, that sounds promising! I think I will try something like this:
machine A and machine B both record to /video (which is an NFS share of
the directory /video on machine B). This way VDR on machine A will have
the same directory structure as VDR on machine B and the recording in
progress of machine B should be available for playback via OSD on
machine A.

Thanks and regards,
Markus