[vdr] Re: realtime playback of recordings on different machines

Markus Twardy wrote:
> Hi list!

Hi Markus,

> I plan to have one quiet, fanless and preferably diskless machine A
> (EPIA-ME6000 in a Cubid case) in the living room. The case can hold one
> full featured DVB-S card, so timeshifting is not possible. Plans are to
> have a second machine B equipped with two low budget cards, to do
> recording. Is it possible to watch machine B's recordings on machine A
> in real-time? Over a NFS share? You would just schedule the program, you
> want to view timeshifted on machine A, for recording on machine B. This

This should work. Actually, my VDR box records to a mounted NFS share.
If I do a recording I can watch this without problems on my laptop using
xine while the recording still is in progress. This should also work
with a second VDR.

Cheers,
Juri