[vdr] realtime playback of recordings on different machines

Hi list!

I'm watching vdr for quite a while. Now it's actually time to build my
own vdr box. But there are some issues I couldn't figure out, neither
myself nor by searching the docs and the mailing list archives.

I plan to have one quiet, fanless and preferably diskless machine A
(EPIA-ME6000 in a Cubid case) in the living room. The case can hold one
full featured DVB-S card, so timeshifting is not possible. Plans are to
have a second machine B equipped with two low budget cards, to do
recording. Is it possible to watch machine B's recordings on machine A
in real-time? Over a NFS share? You would just schedule the program, you
want to view timeshifted on machine A, for recording on machine B. This
way you would have a networked based timeshift. Or do I have to wait
until machine B finished recording? I know the OSD on machine A won't be
able to control machine B, so vdradmin would be required. There's the
vdrstream plugin available - will this suit my needs?

Thanks for your help,
Markus