[vdr] Re: transfermode DVB-T UK - audio before video / deadlocks? (was: vdr + dxr3 plugin not quite right)

In article <5.2.0.9.2.20030127103611.0271d960@localhost>,
   Gregor Lawatscheck <gpel@mpex.net> wrote:
> At 09:18 27/01/2003, you wrote:
> >I finally had some success with this yesterday :-) I am using
> >vdr-1.1.21 and linux-dvb.2002-12-08
> >
> >I made a few entries in the channels.conf by copying info from
> >my Nokia STB's info screen.
> >
> >It seems vdr/vdr-dxr3 doesn't work too well without a signal, the
> >OSD shows up fine when the system is displaying a TV picture.

> Good to hear you have some success.

> I'm currently trying to figure out why BBC2 and BBC News 24 lock up here
> on transfer mode and newer versions of vdr. It seems that with 1.1.2x
> compared to 1.1.13 on all channels the audio appears before the picture
> in transfer mode. Any ideas why that would be -- can this have anything
> to do with drivers?

> 3 times out of 4 now on these two channels the audio will start for
> around 1 sec but no picture will appear, the buffer fills up and
> eventually gives a ring buffer overflow. Just setting the audio PID for
> these channels works fine (i.e. black screen but sound).

> Very strange, because BBC1 works every time, the other two channels are
> on the same transponder and I've doublechecked that the settings (apart
> from the PIDs of course) are exactly the same for all of them . Does
> anyone have similar experiences with DVB-T -> DVB-s / dxr in transfer
> mode in the UK?

Yes I do. Not all the time, but it's generally bad at daylight/dusk time
and if it's raining - so I've always assumed it to be a signal/antenna
problem. I see it on BBC2, News24, BBC3, BBC4, TMF and The Hits, all other
channels come up OK.

I'm running vdr 1.1.17 with a driver of about the same age, Nova-t
(Crystal Palace) and DVB-s

Andy

--
A. Top posters.